Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Opening Day - Archery - 2008

My second year of hunting White Tail on opening day of archery season, the weather was a little more pleasant than last year, a little drizzle to remind me of last year, but not enough to soak me.

I'm hunting my ladder stand again this morning, kind of tradition, if you can say so after only two years...

To give you an idea as to the field plantings around me, there were beans planted to the north but have been harvested already, corn planted at the NE and SE corners and the field to the West.

I had a button buck come into the field this morning and literally walk right to my stand, stare right up into my eyes and go back to sniffing the Goldenrod that I had brushed up against as I approached my ladder stand. He didn't seem fazed at all by my presence or my scent, he'll be a little wiser next year, guaranteed.

Nothing seems to be moving in the woods behind me and I haven't seen anything else, so I'm headed in for the afternoon. I'll rest up and be back out this evening.

No comments: